Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_before - assumed 'tc_code_before' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_after - assumed 'tc_code_after' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 26
Active man diet is a diet that should provide to men who practice sports or other activities, a complex of nutrients necessary for building silhouette and meet the energy needs.
Accordingly, composed active man diet is based on the relevant portions that guarantee their health and help maintain a healthy body weight. Also, well-balanced diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases and improve overall energy.
Principles of active man diet
The man who wants to achieve results in sport, but also to take care of their health should keep in mind the essential elements of the diet as:
- Eating five or more servings of vegetables and fruits a day – they are a wealth of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and at the same time do not have a lot of calories – it is necessary to eat them in different colors, but preferably to avoid those fried in fat.
- Eating at least six servings of whole grains – bread, grains, starchy vegetables – men should eat plenty of foods rich in fiber, which helps lower blood cholesterol levels and provides satiety. Excellent in the men’s diet are whole-grain bread and grains, and starchy vegetables such as peas, corn, potatoes, dried beans. Best suiting is those cooked without a lot of fat. If a man has problems with diabetes or pre-diabetic states should limit the intake of starch in general.
- Eating two or three servings of dairy products low in fat – skim milk, lean yogurt or skim cheese.
- Eating two or three portions, of lean proteins in the form of lean meat, poultry or fish. Avoid skin of chicken as well as fried food and breaded food.
- Limiting sweets – if you want to ensure a perfect form, active man diet requires the avoidance of refined carbohydrates such as cakes, desserts, and other sweetened products. They are high in calories, yet contain minor amounts of nutrients.
- Reducing sodium intake – well prove themselves whereas the herbs that make the dishes are tasty and enriched with various nutritional value.
- Avoiding saturated fats including those derived from butter, cheese, and lard, because an excess can cause blockages in the arteries and heart disease as a result. Important, however, are unsaturated fats like those in olive oil, nuts, and avocados, which in moderate quantities will help maintain an appropriate level of “healthy” cholesterol, which is beneficial for heart health.
To determine the optimal amount of a particular food, you should use the following guide to portion sizes of individual components of the diet. Portion of the products are:
- 1 cup of fresh vegetables or fruit,
- 1/2 cup dried vegetables or beans,
- One slice of bread,
- 1 cup of dry grains or ½ cup of cooked grains,
- 1/3 cup of rice or pasta,
- 1 cup milk with low fat,
- 90-100 grams of lean meat, chicken or fish.
The morning meal which is characterized by an active man diet is based on a portion of a protein that helps promote muscle recovery and repair, can also kick-start the metabolism for the day. A delicious meal will be eggs that provide an excellent balance of high-quality protein and fat. Other options are lean ham, fish (e.g., salmon) and lean dairy products. Protein foods help slow stomach emptying, which guarantees satiety for longer, and morning training or hard work will be more efficient. An example of the perfect breakfast for men will be:
- an omelet or frittata,
- whole wheat toast with smoked salmon or lean ham,
- Scrambled eggs,
- whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana.
Snacks are an important part of the diet and should, therefore, be rich in nutrients, yet lightweight – great example, will be a sandwich with turkey and avocado.
The meal during lunch hours should be a mix of lean protein and starchy carbohydrates. Carbohydrate-rich products allow recharge energy and also is best to choose those that cause a steady increase in blood sugar as whole grain, rye, barley or sweet potatoes. An excellent source of protein is lean beef or pork, salmon, turkey, chicken with lots of vegetables, or with the addition of beans.
In the afternoon, they will be an excellent savory dishes, such as with the addition of chili or black pepper, because their composition can increase the metabolism before bedtime.
Depending on when you took a workout or any other activity, it is important to provide them, the appropriate dose of easily digestible carbohydrates and protein to help build and repair muscle.
The evening meal should be rich in healthy fats such as salmon, trout, mackerel, as well as nuts, seeds and the like. Great complement a meal, are also serving of brown rice, wholemeal pasta or quinoa.
It is also important to drink copious amounts of water.