Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_before - assumed 'tc_code_before' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_after - assumed 'tc_code_after' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 26
Cholecystitis is inflammation that occurs in the gallbladder which is on the right side of the abdomen, the liver.
Gall bladder contains fluid digestive – bile, which is released into the small bowel during digestion. In most cases, the reason for the appearance of inflammation of the gallbladder are gallstones blocking the flow of bile in the bile duct. Sometimes there are also other problems that may contribute to the emergence of diseases such as tumors within the bile ducts, or a gall bladder.
If left untreated, cholecystitis can lead to serious, sometimes life-threatening complications such as rupture of the gallbladder. Treatment of inflammation of the gallbladder usually requires the removal of the organ.
The symptoms of cholecystitis
Among the most common symptoms of inflammation of the gallbladder may be mentioned:
- pain in the upper right abdomen,
- pain radiating to the right shoulder or back,
- sensitivity and abdominal tenderness, while the touch,
- nausea and vomiting,
The symptoms of inflammation of the gallbladder may manifest itself more intensely after eating a meal, especially if when it was too abundant and rich in fats.
Gallbladder may be attacked by the state of inflammation due to several factors such as:
- gallstones – hard particles that develop in the gallbladder arising from imbalances substance in the bile; It can block the flow of bile in the bile ducts leading to the intestines, which interferes with the proper functioning of the gallbladder and, therefore causing inflammation,
- tumors is another of the cause inflammation of the gallbladder, which may result in the accumulation of bile,
- blocking the bile ducts in the form of kinks or scarring can cause blockages which cause inflammation of the gall bladder.
Cholelithiasis belongs to the diseases which increase the risk of gallbladder inflammation.
Complications that are associated with inflammation of the gallbladder include problems such as:
- infection in the gallbladder,
- the death of the tissue wall of the gallbladder – cholecystitis, if left untreated, may result in the death of tissue, which in turn may contribute to tear the gall bladder and life-threatening rupture.
Diagnosis and treatment of cholecystitis
Test procedures considered in the diagnosis of gallbladder inflammation include, among other things:
- blood tests – may point to signs of infection or gallbladder problems,
- imaging – show bladder and its state – abdominal ultrasound, computed tomography,
- scanning of the liver and bile ducts allows assessing the production and flow of bile from the liver to the small intestine, indicating a possible blockage.
Treatment of inflammation of the gallbladder usually requires a hospital stay, to stabilize the state of the gallbladder or perform a possible surgery to remove it.
In the case of diagnosis of cholecystitis is used antibiotics (when we are dealing with infection) or are given painkillers – to help control pain. The symptoms often disappear following one or two days.
Surgical removal of the gallbladder is the ultimate solution, but the time of the operation depends on the severity of the symptoms.
After elimination of the gallbladder, bile flows directly from the liver to the small intestine, and not longer stored bladder. Living without a gallbladder looks perfectly healthy.
If you want to avoid the problems with the gallbladder, it is worth to prevent gallstones, by controlling weight – even through losing weight, preferably gradually because sudden weight loss promotes the formation of gallstones.
In addition to a healthy balance in the prevention of diseases of the gallbladder, important is a healthy diet, rich in healthy fats and fiber, which prevents the occurrence of gallstones. It is worth eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.