Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_before - assumed 'tc_code_before' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_after - assumed 'tc_code_after' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 26
Vasculitis and lymph nodes, which are part of the extension of the lymphatic system, can lead to disruption of blood flow, caused by improper filtering of dirt and microorganisms from the blood stream. This condition can lead to systemic infections.
In our organism is about six hundred and lymph nodes that play a significant role in combating infection and coarse cellular debris from circulation. Centralized lymph node lymphocytes produce antibodies if necessary which subsequently are sent to the site of infection. Other immune cells are collected from lymph nodes at the time of infection.
The causes of vasculitis and lymph nodes
Vasculitis and lymph nodes are caused by a bacterial, viral or fungal infection. In infections, the lymph nodes are usually hard and brittle. In acute infections, especially bacterial may appear in them abscesses. The main groups of lymph nodes are those neck, in the armpits and groin, but their local swelling can affect the whole body.
Among the leading causes of vasculitis and lymph nodes are:
- Inflammation due to the presence of a foreign body or severe injury surface – it occurs then, in nearby lymph nodes, the site of intense inflammation, not being caused by infectious causes.
- Tumors – the presence of cancer cells in the lymph nodes can appear in them, and inflammation usually causes their hardening and magnification – can be painful or painless; inflammation of lymph nodes most often associated with cancer affecting white blood cells and bone marrow as leukemia, and lymphoma.
- The causes immunological – induced by abnormal immune activity directed at body tissue. Include situations where, despite the absence of infection, the body begins to attack the healthy cells. It is related to diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, use of certain drugs, foreign substances injected into the bloodstream disease (serum) or of genetically dissimilar to the host (transplant-associated disease).
- The weakening of immunity as the AIDS – acquired immune deficiency syndrome,
- blood disorders such as sickle cell anemia or thalassemia,
- use of certain drugs.
The symptoms of vasculitis and lymph nodes
Among the first signs that showed vasculitis and lymph nodes are swollen, which is sometimes painful. It may include inflammation of the tissues around the lymph node. The skin around the site of inflammation is often red and warm. If the disease affects the lymph vessels may appear red streaks on the skin, directed of infection.
May seem as well:
- bad mood,
- loss of appetite,
- often a runny nose, sore throat, night sweats.
Diagnosis of and treatment of vasculitis and lymph nodes
Diagnosis of inflammation of the lymph nodes is usually a physical examination, which allows determining swelling, and sensitivity of places of inflammation. Your doctor may also order blood tests to check that the infection appeared, as well as ultrasound or CT scan in search of tumors or other sources of infection.
Sometimes a biopsy is needed, which facilitates the identification of the cause, for which there is an inflammation of the lymph nodes and vessels.
Vasculitis and lymph nodes treated is diagnosed depending on the purpose. In some cases, treatment is not necessary, and the swelling and inflammation disappear arbitrarily. Are used then, the painkillers or the measures helping to reduce the fever.
In more severe cases, the antibiotics are used, that allow to stop infections. Sometimes are however cases where it is necessary to use drainage of the abscess, which can spread the infection throughout the body. Most often after the removal of accumulated crude, lymph node heals quickly.
If the cause inflammation of lymph nodes, is cancer, there are several treatment options, depending on the type of change. Each of the forms of treatment has its advantages and disadvantages, so before the surgical removal of the tumor, chemotherapy or radiation therapy each option is thoroughly discussed.