Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_before - assumed 'tc_code_before' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant tc_code_after - assumed 'tc_code_after' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /wp-content/plugins/the-content-injection/TC_Injection.php on line 26
Diseases and mental disorders this very common health problem being faced in almost every second person at some point in their lives. These conditions may be mild, lasting a few weeks or severe problems, which can be challenging, whole life, often leading to severe disability.
Diseases and mental disorders can affect human thoughts, mood, behavior, and this how we perceive the world. These problems often cause pain and affect the ability to engage in work, relationships or daily tasks.
Although mental illnesses and disorders are treatable, most people who need help is not looking for any solution. Among effective methods of treatment of mental illness is the psychological therapy, medication or lifestyle changes.
The types of diseases and mental disorders
There is even more than 300 kinds of mental disorders, diseases of the primary may be mentioned anxiety disorders, personality disorders, psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, eating disorders, post-traumatic stress, and post-traumatic stress disorders or disorders associated with the abuse of certain substances.
The diagnosis of mental health problems is not easy, and determine what is or is not a mental illness, is sometimes controversial, and depends on many factors.
The causes of diseases and mental health problems
Scientists are still trying to understand what can cause mental illnesses. Interactions between certain genetic and environmental factors may increase the risk of their occurrence:
- the genetic factors – persons with mental illness in the closest family;
- drug and alcohol abuse;
- biological factors as some diseases and hormonal changes;
- early experiences – adverse experiences of childhood abuse or neglect;
- trauma and stress – experienced in adulthood traumatic life events, chronic stress, social isolation, family violence, relationship breakdown, financial problems, or difficulties at work;
- traumatic experiences in a war zone – increase the risk of posttraumatic stress disorder;
- personality factors – individual characteristics such as perfectionism and low self-esteem, may contribute to an increased risk of depression or anxiety.
The symptoms of mental and emotional disorders
Any illness and mental disorder have many different symptoms. Extreme dieting can be a signal of eating disorders, and hearing voices are associated with psychosis. Drastic changes in behavior, thoughts, moods are usually the first sign of mental illness. Changes can occur suddenly or are gradual and require a longer time. Among the distressing symptoms include:
- anxiety, excessive fear,
- depression, constant feeling of sadness and bad mood,
- unusual and illogical thoughts,
- unjustified anger, extreme irritability,
- impaired concentration,
- appearing voices that no one else hears
- excessive sleepiness or insomnia,
- small or excessively increased appetite,
- lack of motivation, avoiding people,
- the use of substances.
The symptoms of diseases and psychological disorders can appear and disappear.
The best method of diagnosis of mental health problems is an interview, blood tests, brain scans and other measures as may confirm a mental illness. The study may be helpful in determining other possible causes of symptoms.
Treatment of mental illness is designed to help to recover the desire of life, happiness, and well-being of a person suffering from the disorder. Among the most popular types of treatment are:
- psychological therapy – supporting, cognitive-behavioral, psychodynamic, interpersonal therapy for couples and family therapy,
- medications – antidepressants, mood stabilizers, antipsychotics,
- lifestyle changes – the introduction of physical activity, avoidance of alcohol and drugs, healthy diet,
- complementary therapies – relaxation strategies, meditation, other therapies that can help in restoring good health.